Welcome to my blog!



Friday, April 23, 2010

Want to make a change?



Well, HOPEFULLY, after reading my blog you are convinced that teenage pregnancy is a real problem in the United States and that we need proper sex education to help decrease the rates of teenage pregnancy.


If you feel this way, you can actually volunteer to teach sex education. I didn’t know that until I looked up what I can do to make a change on the Planned Parenthood website.

In order to be an effective volunteer and give the best sex education possible, you need to do the following things:

Assess the needs of the county in which you are teaching. Is there a high rate of teenage pregnancy? What has been taught in this county before? These things are important because you may need to stress some aspects of the sex education a more than others, but they all need to be taught.

You will also need to research and give medically accurate information on sex education. Make sure you give out all the information that is needed to prevent pregnancy.

Develop a lesson plan and organize the information that way you will the students attention because this information is vital to them!

If you volunteer to be a sex education teacher, you will be making a huge change in our society because teenagers today need teachers who are going to give them accurate information so that they can make the right choices.

Well guys, that’s about it for today. I have to start studying for my finals since they are right around the corner. The next couple of posts, I am going to be wrapping this blog up because I have covered all the information that I wanted to give. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment