Welcome to my blog!



Sunday, April 18, 2010

what our sex education teachers are really teaching



I found this graph that represents what sex education teachers think should be taught and what they really teach. The part that astounded me the most about this information was the condom use part. It says that about 80% of sex education teachers believe that condom use should be taught and yet only around 50% actually teach it. It also surprises me that less than 80% teach about birth control. I believe that 100% should teach all of these areas.

 I think that this information is a good indicator of why are teenage birth rates are so high. We need to make sure that our sex education teachers are teaching the facts about everything involving sex, not just some things!

You can find this chart and other information here.

1 comment: